Prevention And Services for Sexual Assault through Guidance, Empowerment, and Support
PASSAGES, Inc. Is The Sexual Violence Agency Serving Clarion, Clearfield, And Jefferson Counties In Pennsylvania.
Please contact us to learn how our FREE & Confidential services will benefit you.
Sexual Violence in the U.S.
- One in five women and one in 71 men will be raped at some point in their lives.
- Nearly one in 10 women has been raped by an intimate partner in her lifetime, including completed forced penetration, attempted forced penetration or alcohol/drug-facilitated completed penetration. Approximately one in 45 men has been made to penetrate an intimate partner during his lifetime.
- 91% of the victims of rape and sexual assault are female, and 9% are male.
- In eight out of 10 cases of rape, the victim knew the person who sexually assaulted them.
- 8% of rapes occur while the victim is at work.
Campus Sexual Assault
- One in 5 women and one in 16 men are sexually assaulted while in college (2007)
- More than 90% of sexual assault victims on college campuses do not report the assault (2000)
- 63.3% of men at one university who self-reported acts qualifying as rape or attempted rape admitted to committing repeat rapes.
*ALL STATISTICS ARE FROM THE NSVRC (National Sexual Violence Resource Center)
Child Sexual Abuse
- One in four girls and one in six boys will be sexuallyabused before they turn 18 years old.
- 34% of people who sexually abuse a child are family members.
- 12.3% of women were age 10 or younger at the time of their first rape/victimization, and 30% of women were between the ages of 11 and 17.
- 27.8% of men were age 10 or younger at the time of their first rape/victimization.
- More than one-third of women who report being raped before age 18 also experience rape as an adult.
- 96% of people who sexually abuse children are male, and 76.8% of people who sexually abuse children are adults.
- 325,000 children are at risk of becoming victims of commercial child sexual exploitation each year.
- The average age at which girls first become victims of prostitution is 12 to 14 years old, and the average
age for boys is 11 to 13 years old.
Thank you to our double platinum WAm sponsor