Sexual Violence in the U.S.
- One in five women and one in 71 men will be raped at some point in their lives.
- Nearly one in 10 women has been raped by an intimate partner in her lifetime, including completed forced penetration, attempted forced penetration or alcohol/drug-facilitated completed penetration. Approximately one in 45 men has been made to penetrate an intimate partner during his lifetime.
- 91% of the victims of rape and sexual assault are female, and 9% are male.
- In eight out of 10 cases of rape, the victim knew the person who sexually assaulted them.
- 8% of rapes occur while the victim is at work.
Campus Sexual Assault
- One in 5 women and one in 16 men are sexually assaulted while in college (2007)
- More than 90% of sexual assault victims on college campuses do not report the assault (2000)
- 63.3% of men at one university who self-reported acts qualifying as rape or attempted rape admitted to committing repeat rapes.
*ALL STATISTICS ARE FROM THE NSVRC (National Sexual Violence Resource Center)
Thank you to our $1,000 Diamond WAm sponsor
Prevention And Services for Sexual Assault through Guidance, Empowerment, and Support